We’ve all heard the phrase, “Put yourself in others’ shoes. If you feel that it hurts you, it probably hurts the other person too.” This sentiment doesn’t just apply to people, however, it applies to all living things, including crustaceans like crayfish. It has been long debated whether these animals actually feel pain (they do), but this is beside the fact. Feeling or not feeling pain doesn’t excuse taking an innocent being’s life, and as seen in a video posted on the Toronto Fish Save, you can clearly see this crayfish doesn’t want to die.
In the video, the crayfish, who is destined to become someone’s dinner, holds on for dear life, silently pleading for his life to be spared. There may not be a lot going on in the scene, but as an animal lover, simply watching it will literally tear your heart to pieces.
Let this be a reminder that all life, from the tiny ant to the blue whale, deserves respect and compassion.
- How Billions of Fish Are Being Wasted Globally Like Never Before
- Nurdles: The Pesky Unregulated Microplastic That’s Killing Marine Life
- Red, Blue, Green, and Purple Are Just Some Colors Animal Blood Comes In
- Cruel Science Experiments on Crabs and Lobsters Could Finally End After Animal Sentience Law Passes in the UK
- What Will Happen to the Penguin Population as Climate Change Worsens?
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on the App Store. With over 15,000 delicious recipes, it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy!
Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!