Kerry shared her love for Josie and how she transformed her world. “I didn’t grow up with a dog. I wasn’t aware of what this kind of love could look like or feel like. I didn’t understand how it would change me and transform my life,” she started her post. “To say that Josie was a member of our family doesn’t even come close. She was my fur baby companion girl. She was my partner. She went places with me and experienced things that no one else ever did or ever will. She was a witness to my life and to my journey and me to hers.”
View this post on Instagram
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- ‘Today I Lost One of My Best Friends’ Says Miranda Lambert in Touching Tribute to Her Late Rescue Dog
- “Today Our Family Lost a True Friend and Loyal Companion” Shares Obama in a Touching Tribute to Family Dog Bo
- Michael J. Fox Shares Dog Tribute After His Dog Passes Away
- ‘Our Connection Was Purely Divine’ Says Miley Cyrus Mourning the Death of Her Pit Bull
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Alum Lisa Vanderpump Mourns Her Dog Giggy’s Death
- Miley Cyrus Rescues Puppy and Encourages Everyone to Adopt During Pandemic
- James Marsden Pays Tribute to His Dog: We Will Meet Again
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Also, don’t forget to download the Food Monster App on iTunes — with over 15,000 delicious recipes it is the largest meatless, vegan, and allergy-friendly recipe resource to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!