On May 8, former President Barack Obama shared a heartfelt post announcing the passing of his family’s dog, Bo. The post reads: “Today our family lost a true friend and loyal companion. For more than a decade, Bo was a constant, gentle presence in our lives – happy to see us on our good days, our bad days, and everyday in between.”
Today our family lost a true friend and loyal companion. For more than a decade, Bo was a constant, gentle presence in our lives—happy to see us on our good days, our bad days, and everyday in between. pic.twitter.com/qKMNojiu9V
— Barack Obama (@BarackObama) May 8, 2021
Former first lady Michelle Obama also shared her own tribute on Instagram, writing, “As a family, we will miss Bo dearly. But we are thankful that he lived such a joyful life full of snuggles, games of fetch, and evenings spent lying on the couch.”
View this post on Instagram
Bo was born in Texas on October 9, 2008, and was a gift for Sasha and Malia Obama after their father’s election campaign. During his life, Bo appeared in multiple children’s books and joined his guardians during many trips and events.
Bo passed away on May 8, 2021, after battling cancer. He touched the hearts of many, which is apparent by the amount of comments and posts about the sweet pup’s passing.
- 7 Ways to Say Goodbye and Honor the Memory of Your Departed Pet
- How to Cope With the Loss of a Pet
- The First Rescue Dog is Coming to the White House
- Tiny Pups Bring Happiness Back to Man Who Lost His Beloved Dog
- #AdoptDontShop: 10 Kind-Hearted Celebrities Who Rescued Dogs During the Pandemic
- Kaley Cuoco on Her Dog Passing Away: She is Resting at Peace with Everyday’s Sunset to Warm Her
- James Marsden Pays Tribute to His Dog: We Will Meet Again
- ‘Our Connection Was Purely Divine’ Says Miley Cyrus Mourning the Death of Her Pit Bull
- ‘Today I Lost One of My Best Friends’ Says Miranda Lambert in Touching Tribute to Her Late Rescue Dog
- Real Housewives of Beverly Hills Alum Lisa Vanderpump Mourns Her Dog Giggy’s Death
- This Man Was Told His Sick Rescued Puppy Wouldn’t Live Long – So He Decided to Take a Video of Her Every Day (VIDEO)
For more Animal, Earth, Life, Vegan Food, Health, and Recipe content published daily, subscribe to the One Green Planet Newsletter! Lastly, being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!