One of the most difficult moments in a soldier’s life is leaving loved ones behind for deployment. A soldier’s absence is equally hard for family members, even beloved pooches.
In the six videos below, watch some of the most incredibly heartwarming reunions between dogs and their soldier guardians. Be sure to keep a tissue handy because you may just find yourself teary-eyed just a few seconds in.
To all the brave men and women who have served in the armed forces – Happy Veteran’s Day.
1. Emit knows someone special is coming home…
2. Princess may be little but her excitement is boundless when she sees her solider for the first time after his return
3. Gracie just can’t stop running and jumping when her solider comes home from Afghanistan
4. Chuck jumps right out of the car to greet his solider with undying enthusiasm
5. Anne can’t wait until the door opens to reveal her beloved solider
6. Buddy lets out cries of joy when he welcomes his solider home from Kuwait
Image source: The U.S. Army / Flickr