Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Every morning, Lily would get to say hello to her “fence friend” Butch. Lily’s human says the two dogs‘ morning greeting “was the best part of our morning walks.” Sadly, Butch recently passed away. A devastating TikTok video pays tribute to Bush and mourns the passing of the beloved “fence friend”.
I’ve been saving these videos for a “puppy best friend” post… but never got around to making it. My heart is broken for Butch’s family. Our walks wont be the same without him. #puppyheaven #dogheaven #dogmemorial #dogfriendship
The video, posted to the TikTok account @lohveecourtney, shows the two dogs’ morning ritual. They happily greet each other from opposite sides of a fence. This was a near-daily routine for almost three years. However, one day when Lily and her human stopped to say hello to Butch, they found a memorial to him instead. The TikTok video shows Lily sadly looking for her “fence friend” confused as to why he is not there to say hello. The text overlay reads “We will miss this handsome, gentle boy.”
Viewers were heartbroken by the video. Hollysargent wrote “Omg this is so heartbreaking. I wasn’t expecting to cry today.” Many other comments expressed similar sentiments. Others, including the original poster, offered condolences to Butch’s family.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to adopt instead of shop. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Newfoundland Dog Befriends Horse and Wins the Internet’s Heart
- Mailman Befriends Neighborhood Dogs with Adorable Handmade Gifts
- Cat Is Definitely the Boss in Her Friendship with Dog
- Dog Best Friends Are Reunited and Show Us the True Meaning of Friendship
- English Bulldogs Showcase Unbreakable Friendship in Heartwarming Video
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!