Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Stella may be a decade old, but don’t let her age fool you; she’s proving that age is just a number when it comes to living life to the fullest, according to Newsweek. This English yellow Labrador retriever recently gained fame on TikTok when a heartwarming clip of her frolicking in a pile of autumn leaves went viral, amassing over 11 million views.
Jody, Stella’s human, shared with Newsweek that her four-legged companion lives for playing outdoors and embraces everything the seasons have to offer in their home state of Maine. However, it’s the autumn leaves that hold a special place in Stella’s heart. Her enthusiasm for jumping into leaf piles isn’t just endearing; it’s also a testament to her vitality, both physically and mentally.
In the viral TikTok clip posted on the dedicated page to Stella, aptly named @dognamedstella, we see the 10-year-old Labrador displaying remarkable patience. She sits still, her eyes fixed on the camera, as a male voice asks, “Did you want to show me something?” Then, in a split second, Stella bursts into action, sprinting and joyfully leaping into a colossal pile of leaves.
Wait for it… stellasleafpiles repost
The video, which was shared on July 11, has already garnered 1.9 million likes and nearly 3,000 comments. Stella’s boundless energy and infectious enthusiasm have clearly struck a chord with viewers, making her a symbol of the timeless joy and playfulness that dogs bring into our lives.
Stella’s story reminds us that age should never be a hindrance to enjoying the simple pleasures of life. She exemplifies the importance of staying active and finding delight in the world around us, no matter our age.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
- Dog Hates Early Wake Ups Just as Much as You Do!
- Service Dog Falls Asleep While Meeting Mickey Mouse at Disney World
- Adorable Video Shows Dog Big Sister Checking on Puppy After Bad Dream
- Dog Chases Trespasser Away and Rips Off His Pants in Viral TikTok Video
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!