Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Sparky the parrot’s human loved her dearly. But one day, after he allowed two drunken friends to stay at his home, all of that fell to pieces.
He left to complete shopping errands, and when he returned, he found they’d sadistically tortured and killed his beloved friend.
The details are gruesome. After Sparky’s human came back home, he noticed Sparky inside her cage, head limp and eyes glassy and unresponsive. Terrified, he rushed to inspect the bird closer. That’s when he learned what his former “friends” had done to her.
In his absence, they covered the African grey parrot with hazardous chemicals, including heavy-duty oven cleaning spray, metal polish, furniture polish, and finally glossy paint. But their cruelty didn’t end there.
That’s when the women tried to feed poor Sparky the bird to a dog. When that didn’t kill the animal, they struck her with a towel, then turned on a tumble dryer for clothes and tossed the parrot inside. She was still alive by the end of the cycle, “gasping [her] last breath.”
That’s when one of the friends reached out and strangled the pet.
Please sign this petition to tell authorities in the UK to sentence both of these animal abusers to intensive psychotherapy!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Demand Congress Protect Endangered Species
- Petition: Tell Authorities to Investigate Wildlife Sellers and Traffickers
- Petition: Pressure Authorities to Protect Red Wolves from Becoming Extinct
- Petition: Urge Alaska to Adopt Ethical Wildlife Management Practices
- Petition: Mandate Counseling for Sadistic Men Who Tortured Raccoon to Death
- Petition: Help Flamingos Safely Return to Their Habitats
- Petition: Urge Libya’s Rival Governments to Collaborate and Manage Flood Crisis
- Petition: Urge President Biden to Stop the Willow Project
- Petition: Urge Colorado to Ban the Sale of Dogs and Cats in Pet Stores
- Petition: Commit to Composting and Help Curb Food Waste
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!