Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
An estimated 14 red wolves were remaining in the wild. And one was just shot dead.
The beautiful wolf was found along a fence in Washington County, tragically killed after being shot in the torso. The red wolf population is so small and so precious that we cannot let a single other wolf die in this way. We must not give up on this species, but instead do everything in our power to protect the wolves that remain!
Since red wolves so closely resemble coyotes, many are shot and killed by hunters. Of the 10 wolves reintroduced in the past year, 3 were tragically shot. Yet authorities have not prosecuted a single person for red wolf poaching in 25 years, even though these precious mammals are on the verge of extinction.
Please sign this petition to tell authorities to find whoever committed this heinous crime and educate the public to ensure no more red wolves die this way!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Help Support Fentanyl Users in Portland
- Petition: Help Feed All Students in Texas
- Petition: Support Investigation into Exotic Animal Dealer’s Network
- Petition: Help Save Shelter Animals from Being Euthanized in Maui
- Petition: Tell the UK to Stop Targeting Non-Dairy Alternatives
- Petition: Justice for Man Who Tortured Girlfriend’s Cats
- Petition: Urge States to Invest in Public Transportation
- Petition: Justice for Dog Who Was Left to Die on Balcony in Severe Heat
- Petition: Demand New Jersey Stop Extended Bear Hunts
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Help Save African Penguins
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!