Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Authorities with the U.S. government recently discovered that an exotic animal dealer in the state of Michigan was violating the Endangered Species Act – trying to sell approximately 150 vulnerable, threatened, and endangered animals to the public for thousands of dollars.
In one case, the man attempted to sell off an endangered baby ring-tailed lemur for $3,500. To do this, he first had to separate the little young one from its mother – prematurely. Additionally, authorities discovered the man was neglecting the animals he held in captivity, depriving them of proper sanitary conditions and even safe drinking water. Officials must also investigate whatever network he operated within, that allowed this to happen!
Please sign this petition to demand that authorities investigate this exotic animal dealer’s network of wildlife sellers and traffickers!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Urge Congress to Protect the Endangered Species Act
- Petition: Urge Authorities to Investigate Horse Abuse at Gender Reveal Party
- Petition: Tell Italy to Stop the Ban on Same-Sex Parent Registration
- Petition: Help Ratify the Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Petition: Demand Alaska End Predator Control Programs and Adopt Ethical Wildlife Management
- Petition: Help Des Moines Decrease Its Euthanasia Rate in Shelters
- Petition: Tell Portland to Stop Punishing Fentanyl Users and Focus on Harm Reduction Instead
- Petition: Help Ban the Sale of Dogs and Cats in Pet Stores in Colorado
- Petition: Demand Authorities in Illinois Put an End to Sadistic Private Rodeos
- Petition: Justice for Couple Who Severely Neglected Nearly 50 Dogs
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!