Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In yet another gender reveal gone wrong, a Brazilian couple used horses to shoot off cannons with pink smoke coming out. Yes, you read that right: a couple subjected two horses to the sensory terror of a cannon and smoke, all to tell the world that their baby “is a girl.”
The video, which has now gone viral, is hard to watch: both animals are terrified. One horse falls over, and it is unclear if either was injured. To make matters worse, the lit canisters could have burned the horses, too.
No animals should be subjected to such extreme stress and danger under any circumstances, especially not for a wildly unnecessary gender reveal.
Please sign this petition to ensure these people are never allowed to harm animals again in the future!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Demand Iceland Ban Commercial Whaling
- Petition: Tell Biden to Officially Declare a Climate Emergency
- Petition: Tell Congress to Guarantee Abortion Pill Access
- Petition: Help Ensure Children Who Make Money on Social Media Content Are Compensated
- Petition: Help Protect Red Wolves from Extinction
- Petition: Help Save the African Penguin from Extinction
- Petition: Demand Authorities Investigate Exotic Animal Dealer’s Network
- Petition: Justice for Lolita the Orca
- Petition: Tell Authorities to Investigate Gender Reveal Party for Animal Abuse
- Petition: Justice for Young Man Who Mutilated and Microwaved Kittens
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!