Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Portland, Oregon, like so many other cities in the U.S., is in the midst of a tragic drug epidemic, and seeing the deadly impacts. The use of highly addictive and dangerous drugs like fentanyl is rampant, and all residents are suffering the consequences.
Source: KPTV FOX 12 Oregon/YouTube
To reduce the fentanyl crisis, people need Support through harm reduction. For decades, research has shown that this is the only way to combat addiction. It is time for the city of Portland to listen to the science and create a policy that emphasizes harm reduction.
Throwing more people in prison will do nothing to reduce drug use, addiction rates, or overdoses. It will just mean more people who are suffering are thrown behind bars, away from their families and communities, and stripped of most social Support. Putting people in a cage doesn’t end their substance use; it often just fuels it.
Please sign this petition to tell the Portland City Council to stop punishing people for fentanyl possession and start introducing policies focused on harm reduction!
To continue speaking up, sign these other petitions as well:
- Petition: Demand Iceland Ban Commercial Whaling
- Petition: Tell Biden to Officially Declare a Climate Emergency
- Petition: Tell Congress to Guarantee Abortion Pill Access
- Petition: Help Ensure Children Who Make Money on Social Media Content Are Compensated
- Petition: Help Protect Red Wolves from Extinction
- Petition: Help Save the African Penguin from Extinction
- Petition: Demand Authorities Investigate Exotic Animal Dealer’s Network
- Petition: Justice for Lolita the Orca
- Petition: Tell Authorities to Investigate Gender Reveal Party for Animal Abuse
- Petition: Justice for Young Man Who Mutilated and Microwaved Kittens
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade repeatedly.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and essential stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in typical household and personal care products!