Two California golden retrievers who are neighbors have finally gotten their long-awaited playdate after watching each other from afar.
Replying to @henfrido give meimei some love @meimeifamily07 #goldenretriever #dogs #fyp
A video recently went viral on TikTok of two golden retrievers finally getting to play together after one of the pups was watching the other and their human playing from afar. Aubrey, the golden retriever, noticed Meimei, who lives nearby, and when the two finally got their long-awaited playdate, they couldn’t be happier. The pair instantly hit it off.
“I was playing with my golden retriever when I found out we were being watched,” Aubrey’s human said in the beginning of the video,
“The other golden retriever’s name is Meimei. She is a female golden retriever and she was so excited to be playing with Aubrey. The funniest part about this video is that while we were recording them play, I looked over and saw another fluffy stalker.”
The video then pans to another pup watching them from the window. Will that pooch eventually get to join in on the playdates? They hope so!
Meimei’s human commented on the video, saying: “Yes, looking forward to my puppy and Aubrey becoming good friends and making more videos together.”
“Awww, need to start a neighborhood doggy playgroup,” one user added.
“Let the other dog join please.” another said.
We encourage everyone thinking of getting a pet to only adopt instead of shopping. Read more resources about adopting animals on One Green Planet, including 7 Reasons to Adopt Your Next Furry Best Friend, 5 Reasons Why Everyone Should Adopt a Pet, and These Heartwarming Before and After Pictures of Adopted Rescue Animals Will Make Your Day! Read tips for pet adoptions and what to consider before adopting an animal. We recommend using these apps to find shelter dogs near you!
Animals Are My Favorite People by Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Texas Rescue Dogs Reunite in NYC for Playdate!
- Chris Evans and Aly Raisman Have a Rescue Pup Playdate!
- There is Nothing More Pure Than the Rescue of This Homeless Mama Dog and Her Puppies [Video]
- ‘We’re Keeping Her’ Says Ricky Gervais After Fostering Cat
- These Adorable Animal Couples Will Melt Your Heart!
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!