The Farmhouse Garden Animal Home in Uxbridge is holding an Animal Art Auction to raise money for food, bedding, and veterinary services for their animals.
The Farmhouse Garden Animal Home is helping to raise money by letting their animals create art, without forcing them to. The animals will not come in direct contact with paint but instead, the farm will put paint on a canvas, cover the canvas in plastic wrap and that place the animal’s favorite liquid food on top of the plastic. The prices will start at $50, but the farm is hoping the artwork goes for much more, The Star reported.
“We’ve heard from a lot of people that they really want it,” said Edith Barabash, co-founder and executive director of the Farmhouse Garden Animal Home. “We do anticipate the price being higher than that. Of course, it’s a fundraiser — we definitely want to drive it up as much as we can.”
Barabash said that the winters are always tough for animal rescues because they don’t have the pasture accessible until the end of May so the cows are stuck in the barnyard.
“Outside, there’s no grass, so they’re always eating hay.”
Barabash said that each bale of hay costs $100 and the cows eat one to three every day and they use a lot of straw for the cow’s beds and to keep them warm. The sanctuary has 23 cows, one horse, a donkey, a flock of chickens, and two ducks.
The auction will go from February 9 to February 16 with one piece of art becoming available to bid on daily. Check out their website or Instagram to learn more and purchase your own art to help support the sanctuary.
Animals Are My Favorite People Recycled Sweatshirt By Tiny Rescue: Animal Collection
- Zoo Director Had Four Animals Killed and Served at Christmas Party, Mexico Police Say
- Man Turns Farm Into an Animal Sanctuary Named After the Pig He Found There [Video]
- Sanctuary Animals Play Around in the Snow! [Video]
- Monkeys Retired From a Lab Now Living at a Sanctuary in Texas [Video]
- A Sanctuary Founder’s Morning Routine of Looking After 100+ Rescued Animals [Video]
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!