Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
In the heart of Ukraine’s Kherson Oblast, a remarkable story unfolds. It’s a tale of bravery and compassion ignited by the devastating destruction of the Kakhovka Dam, and our furry friends are at its center.
The internet has been abuzz with touching videos revealing a wave of animal rescues. Emergency responders, typically seen aiding humans, have turned into heroes for animals in need. One unforgettable snippet showcased the police bravely diving in to save a dog caught in the waters. In the rustic surroundings of Antonivka, a fortunate deer found refuge in the nick of time.
As we marvel at these tales of resilience and survival, we learn that some animals have instinctively adapted, navigating the floods to secure their safety. Nevertheless, not all can fend for themselves, calling for our increased responsibility and mindfulness.
Vital reminders from animal rights activists and the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine have been circulating. They caution those evacuating to avoid leaving their pets confined or chained, outlining protocols for situations where pets can’t accompany their humans.
- New Documentary on Cattle Ranchers Turned Animal Rights Activists Premiers This Week
- 11-Year-Old Raises Over $61,000 For Local Animal Rescues Thanks to Her Lemonade Stand
- A Victory for Chickens: California Jury Acquits Animal Rescuers in Historic Case
- This Cat With Terminal Cancer is Living His Best Life at an Animal Rescue
- 30 Dead Dogs and Cats Found in Home of Animal Rescue CEO
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store, to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that raise awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!