Ramen noodles usually bring up associations of cheap college meals and a hefty amount of sodium. This zucchini-ramen noodle salad is a fresh take on a student staple. It has juicy tomato, refreshing cucumber, and crunchy peanuts. Make a big portion as a stand-alone salad, or use it as a dinner appetizer.
Zucchini-Ramen Noodle Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Serves4 moderate portions
For the Salad:
- 7 ounces of zucchini ramen
- 1-2 cups of romaine lettuce
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 handful of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of peanuts, roughly chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- Wash and cut all the vegetables.
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the dressing. Mix well and set aside.
- Cook the noodles.
- Drain and cool under cold water.
- Place noodles, peanuts, and vegetables in a large bowl and mix. Add the dressing if you’d like and mix again.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS