These protein-packed veggie burritos are the perfect make-and-freeze meal for quick, convenient lunches and dinners. They're stuffed with quinoa and black beans, plus you can boost the protein content by throwing in tofu or meatless crumbles, so you can customize them to your favorite plant-based proteins.
Veggie Protein Burritos [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burritos:
- 1 package of burrito wraps, gluten-free if needed
- Olive oil
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 2 small or 1 larger zucchini
- 1/4 cup or more of shredded carrots
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 3 green onions or 1/4 cup of diced onions
- 1/2 cup of black beans
- 1/2 bell pepper, diced
- Into a large Dutch oven or sauté pan, add a few drizzles of olive oil (1 or 2 tablespoons) and heat that.
- Once hot, add your zucchini, onion and bell peppers to cook for about 4-6 minutes. Once softened a bit, add the quinoa and beans. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, cilantro, and if you like, add 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika and a few shakes of hot sauce. Taste and adjust flavors. Once sufficiently warmed through, turn the heat off.
- On a cutting board, add a piece of plastic wrap. Then quickly warm your tortilla wrap in the microwave for about 15 seconds. Lay it down and spoon about 1/3 of a cup of the filling in the center of the wrap. Then fold the bottom up and roll to the top.
- Then wrap in the plastic wrap and then follow with wrapping up in foil. Place in a large sealable baggie and then put into the freezer.
- To warm, remove foil and plastic wrap. Wrap in a piece of paper towel and microwave until warmed through. If storing in the refrigerator, warm for 30 seconds.