Looking for the perfect breakfast? Look no further. This recipe is easy, nutritious and most importantly – super tasty. Plus, this porridge gets its golden color from turmeric so it has tons of heal benefits come with using the magical spice.
Toasted Turmeric Milk Oat and Teff Porridge [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon teff
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root
- 1/2-1 teaspoon turmeric
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- Maple syrup, to sweeten
- Combine the oats and teff in a pan set over medium heat.
- Toast the grains until they smell nutty and fragrant, making sure to stir them frequently so they don’t burn.
- Once the grains are toasty and golden, add the water, ginger root, turmeric, black pepper, and salt.
- Cook the porridge until it thickens to a consistency you like. The sweet spot is usually from 7-10 minutes of cooking time.
- When the porridge is ready, sweeten and top it as you like.
Top as you like, but for my version the picture shows figs, coconut butter, and hemp seeds.