This recipe was originally for pumpkin bread and still can be, my friends. I just happened to have a sweet potato so therefore it became sweet potato bread. The beautiful thing? I used 1/4 cup less sugar due to the sweetness of the sweet potato. Oh yeah! It’s been years since I’ve made this recipe and I won’t let that happen again. It’s SO good!! This is a recipe to keep around for years to come. It works every time, others love it and it tastes incredibly good.
Sweet Potato Bread [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1 cup sweet potato puree
- 1.5 tbsp flax meal
- 1/4 cup warm water
- ¼ cup dairy free milk
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour loaf pan.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl and combine.
- Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well together.
- Slowly stir wet into dry and pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes. Done when knife comes out clean.
- Serve as is or top with your favorites. I chose a dark Agave syrup. Yum!
2.7 grams fat
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS