Sweet and spicy chili habanero glazed cauliflower wings are the perfect appetizers for potlucks and parties. The cauliflower florets are battered in an elegant tempeh batter, lightly fried, and then tossed in a tangy, spicy, habañero chili sauce that out of this word. While these are perfect to share with guests – they're so delicious you may not want to.
Sweet Chili Habanero Glazed Cauliflower Wings [Vegan]
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite-size pieces
- Oil for frying
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups tempura batter
- 1 cup ice cold water
- 1 1/2 cups sweet chili sauce
- 3/4 cup Sriracha, divided
- 2 teaspoons vegan fish sauce (optional)
- 1 habanero pepper, seeds removed and minced finely
- Green onion
- Sesame Seeds
- In a small saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine the sweet chili sauce, habanero, 1/2 cup sriracha, and vegan fish sauce.
- Stirring occasionally, keep the sauce on a low simmer while you are making the cauliflower wings.
- In one bowl, add the flour and cornstarch and mix them thoroughly. In another bowl, add your almond milk. In a third bowl, add tempura batter, the remaining sriracha, and ice cold water.
- Mix the tempura batter until it becomes a thick mixture, but thin enough to dip cauliflower pieces into.
- Dip each wing into the almond milk, then the flour mixture, then batter them with tempura batter.
- Fry the cauliflower wings on medium-high heat until golden brown, about 7-8 minutes.
- Once all the wings are fried, toss them with the sweet chili habanero glaze in a large pan. Garnish them with green onions and sesame seeds.