Sautéed in a sticky glaze of maple syrup and Sriracha, this bok choy has a mouthwatering mixture of spicy and sweet. The bok choy softens up perfectly as it cooks, getting a little crisp from the pan, and then it soaks up every drop of the sauce between all of the leaves. Pair this with sticky rice for a delicious, Chinese meal.
Sweet and Spicy Bok Choy [Vegan]
- 3 heads of baby bok choy
- 3-4 green onions
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Wash bok choy thoroughly and chop into quarters, lengthwise. Chop green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup, Sriracha, salt, and ginger powder until well-combined.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Place bok choy and green onions into the pan.
- For the next 5 minutes, gently stir everything to prevent sticking. If you notice the oil drying up, add 1-2 more tablespoons to the pan.
- After 15-20 minutes, the bok choy should be softening.
- Pour in the sauce mixture into the pan and stir. It should sizzle quite a bit.
- Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes as the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and serve.