This is by far the easiest tofu recipe that provides the tastiest results! You can taste the sweet pineapple while feeling the burn from the Sriracha … delicious! It makes the tofu anything but bland.
Sweet and Spicy Baked Pineapple Tofu [Vegan]
- One package (12 ounces) extra firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons pineapple jam
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap tofu in a clean towel or several layers of paper towel and place under a heavy book for 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, make your sauce by whisking all the ingredients together. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir again.
- Cut the pressed tofu into small triangles (I made eight slices, then cut the slices into four triangles each).
- Dip all the tofu pieces in the sauce and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle half the remaining sauce on the tofu pieces. Bake for 15 minutes. Flip the tofu and drizzle the remaining sauce. Bake for another 15 minutes.