In this simple dish, tofu is cooked in a spicy mix and served with fragrant jasmine coconut rice. If you're making this for a family, be sure to double-up! What’s amazing about this dish is not only how wonderful the flavors combine, but that you can make large portions for just a few dollars and even throw in more vegetables.
Spicy Sriracha Tofu With Coconut Rice [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons scallion
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 2 baby bok choy
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2-4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Bring a medium size pot to a boil with water, coconut milk, and sea salt. Add the rice, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10-15 minutes with lid on. Don’t remove until cooked and lightly fluff with a fork
- In a medium saucepan cook the tofu with ginger, scallion, tamari, sriracha, tangy sauce, and lime juice until tofu is lightly cooked on each side.
- Chop the baby bok choy and place in pan with everything, cook for a few minutes, remove from heat and serve with rice.
- Top with scallions and sesame seeds
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS