Looking for a noodle dish that's filling, but not heavy? This dish, with sweet, oven-roasted root vegetables is for you. Not only are zucchini noodles gluten-free, they also make for a lighter alternative to everyday pasta!
Roasted Veggie Zucchini Pasta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 spiralized zucchinis
For the Roasted Veggies:
- 1 chopped sugar pumpkin
- 2 chopped carrots
- 1 chopped golden beet
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil (olive or avocado)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- About 2-4 tbsp salt (to taste for pumpkin seeds)
Ginger Basil Dressing
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 fresh sage leaf
- 1/2-inch of fresh ginger
- 1 date
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup walnuts
For the Topping:
- Hemp hearts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Chopped walnuts
- Avocado chunks
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets.
- Chop up the pumpkin first and scoop out the seeds. Rinse the seeds in water, spread out on the baking sheet, put in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While that is cooking, finish chopping up your vegetables and arrange on the other baking sheet. Toss with oil and sugar, then drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Put in the oven with the seeds.
- Once the timer goes off, add oil to the pumpkin seeds and toss. Then sprinkle salt to taste. Set the timer for another 30 minutes.
- Spiralize your zucchini.
- Once the timer goes off, take the pumpkin seeds out to cool (taste for desired salt level).
- Flip the vegetables and put the broiler on low. Put the vegetables in the broiler for 10 minutes or until caramelized.
- Throw all your dressing ingredients in the food processor or blender except for the walnuts. Blend until smooth, then pulse the walnuts in or chop the walnuts separately.
- In a salad bowl, mix the dressing with the zucchini noodles, then serve each plate with the noodles and hot roasted veggies.