Dinner taking longer than usual? Need to whip up a quick snack to bring to a potluck? This crostini recipe is the perfect thing to keep on hand. The tahini garlic sauce and the caramelized pine nuts come together in a cinch, the mushrooms just need a quick sautéeing, and then you pile it all onto a crunchy piece of bread. Easy and delicious!
Roasted Garlic Tahini Crostini [Vegan]
For the Crostini:
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper
- Your favorite bread
For the Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Caramelized Pine Nuts:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
To Make the Roasted Garlic Tahini Sauce:
- Peel the garlic and carefully roast in a small saucepan. You can use a drop or two of olive oil.
- Combine all other ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Smash the garlic cloves and add to the sauce.
To Make the Crostini:
- Wash and slice the mushrooms. Heat a large skillet with a bit of olive oil, briefly sauté the sliced mushrooms. For the extra topping, combine pine nuts and maple syrup in a small bowl and transfer to a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes at 390°F.
- Spread a good amount of the tahini sauce over the bread, add a spoonful of sautéed mushrooms, and top with pine nuts. Serve.