Are you looking for the perfect breakfast cookie that will satisfy your hunger and reduce your cravings for sugary snacks? Try these raw vegan banana oatmeal cookies! They are sweet, slightly crunchy and very rich in potassium, thanks to the addition of fresh banana. Did you know that potassium is a natural cellulite buster? It eliminates excess sodium from your cells, which is the number one cause of cellulite. Another great reason to enjoy these raw vegan banana oatmeal cookies!
Raw Vegan Banana Oatmeal Cookies [Raw, Gluten-Free]
- 1 ½ cup of oats, ground into a fine meal
- 1 ½ cup of almond meal
- ½ cup of date paste (or coconut nectar, maple syrup…)
- 1 cup of banana
- ¼ cup of chia gel (¼ cup of water + 1 tablespoon of chia seeds)
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of Himalayan crystal salt or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons of goji berries
- 3 tablespoons of raisins (or more to taste)
- Extra goji berries and oatmeal to garnish
- Combine oats, almond meal, date paste, banana, chia gel, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt, Stevia, goji berries and raisins in a food processor fitted with an S-blade or a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Shape the dough into cookies of your choice. The dough will be quite sticky, so round cookies will be the easiest choice. To prevent the mixture from sticking to your hands, fill a little bowl with some water to wet your fingers.
- Place the cookies onto a dehydrator tray lined with a Teflex sheet. Dehydrate at 115°F for 10 hours or more, until the outside is completely dry and crunchy.
- When the outside of the cookies is dry enough, flip the cookies onto a dehydrator tray without a Teflex sheet. Continue dehydrating for 6 hours or more until the cookies are crunchy on the outside and still slightly soft on the inside.