These are some of the most creatively delicious pizzas you'll ever make! Spicy and saucy cauliflower tikka masala on top of crispy homemade whole wheat pizza crusts ... are you hungry yet? Because they're meant to be served individually, these pizzas would be the perfect appetizers for any party.
Indian Tikka Masala Pizzas [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated, peeled ginger
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 head cauliflower florets, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus some for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups shredded vegan mozzarella cheese
- Dissolve yeast in water in a large bowl and let sit for about five minutes until it starts to bubble. Add salt, oil and flour and mix until dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead for about five minutes.
- Grease a large bowl with oil and put dough inside then cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Place bowl in a warm place to rice until doubled in size.
- Sauté garlic, ginger, onion, and cauliflower with oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet until onions are browned. Reduce heat and add spices, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chickpeas. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk lemon juice, yogurt, and flour until smooth and stir into pan. Continue stirring until sauce has thickened. Add cilantro and cook for 1-2 minutes longer then remove from heat.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- When pizza dough has doubled in size, divide into four or six pieces. Dust pans or pizza stone with cornmeal and spread dough balls on top. Spoon tikka masala onto each piece and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges of crust are golden and center is done.
- Allow pizzas to cool for at least five minutes before cutting or you will lose all of your cheese. Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro.