Nobody will realize that this delicious cashew ice cream has spinach in it—that's right, spinach, in ice cream. In this recipe, greens are hidden in a sweet and minty cashew ice cream. It's just like that classic mint chocolate chip flavor, only better for you. The texture of this frozen dessert is just like soft serve and the chocolate chips within can be added, more or less, to your liking.
Green Monster Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup soft-dried dates
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoon peppermint schnapps (the alcohol helps with ice crystals)
- Up to 1 tablespoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips, or to taste
- Purée all the ingredients together in a high-speed blender until completely smooth.
- Pour into a large freezer container and stir every 30-60 minutes, to get all the crystallized edges into the center every stir. Your goal is to freeze the ice cream evenly. I use an ice cream maker to do this step for me.
- Add the chocolate chips once it has a “soft-serve” texture.