This uniquely flavored soup combines coconut milk and curry spices with a pinch of warm nutmeg. It's perfect all year round, but you'll find a special place for it in your heart during the cold winter months. This still tastes amazing as a leftover, so feel free to make a big batch and eat it for lunch all throughout the week.
Creamy Cauliflower Curry Soup [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, divided
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon coconut oil until coated and spread cauliflower in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until browned.
- Meanwhile in a large pot, add 1 tablespoon coconut oil, onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until onions are translucent and soft. Add the vegetable broth, water, coconut milk, water, red curry paste, salt, pepper, nutmeg, and curry. Heat over medium heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the roasted cauliflower to the broth.
- In a small bowl, combine the arrowroot powder and 1 tablespoon cold water. Stir to combine. Add to the soup and stir. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove the soup from heat and carefully add mixture to a food processor or blender. Blend on low until the soup is smooth but still a little chunky. Return the soup back to the pot until ready to serve.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS