Here’s what you need to know about these lip-smackin’ Chocolate Covered Brownie Pops: they’re secretly healthy (well, kinda). They’re no-bake.They’re seriously fudgy. They’re drenched in creamy melted chocolate. They’re vegan. They’re nut-free + oil-free. How are these little bites of heaven secretly healthy? From black beans – the magical ingredient – but your taste buds won’t know that.
Chocolate Covered Black Bean Brownie Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 12 toothpicks/cake pops/straws (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cacao powder, sunflower butter, maple syrup, and sea salt. Pulse and process for a couple minutes, until the mixture is well combined and doughy. The dough will not be sticky, just gooey and fudgy.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls (approximately 2 tablespoons each) and place on a lined baking sheet. Pop in a toothpick/cake pop/straw. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over the stove or in the microwave and, with a spoon, pour the melted chocolate over the brownie pops until covered.
- Top with your favorite toppings: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles, etc. Place back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.