Here’s what you need to know about these lip-smackin’ Chocolate Covered vegan black bean brownie pops: they’re secretly healthy (well, kinda). They’re no-bake.They’re seriously fudgy. They’re drenched in creamy melted chocolate. They’re vegan. They’re nut-free + oil-free. How are these little bites of heaven secretly healthy? From black beans – the magical ingredient – but your taste buds won’t know that. Bring them to your kids bake sale or serve them for dessert at your next family party. Everyone will love these vegan black bean brownie pops!
Chocolate Covered Black Bean Brownie Pops [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 15-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 12 toothpicks/cake pops/straws (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cacao powder, sunflower butter, maple syrup, and sea salt. Pulse and process for a couple minutes, until the mixture is well combined and doughy. The dough will not be sticky, just gooey and fudgy.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls (approximately 2 tablespoons each) and place on a lined baking sheet. Pop in a toothpick/cake pop/straw. Place in the refrigerator to chill for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate over the stove or in the microwave and, with a spoon, pour the melted chocolate over the brownie pops until covered.
- Top with your favorite toppings: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, sprinkles, etc. Place back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.