This is another one of those things that are so delicious, you’ll want to eat them at every meal, but so healthy, you can. Breakfast doughnuts?!? Need I say more?
The World’s Healthiest Chocolate Doughnuts for One [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
This Recipe is :
- 1 tablespoon of egg replacer mixed with 4 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa or carob powder
- sweetener, to taste (I used 1 packet of stevia.)
- Fire up your donut maker, or preheat your oven to 350F.
- Mix all the ingredients together, and add almond milk, a tablespoon at a time, if the batter appears to thick. It will be thick. Don’t worry. I would stop after 1 tablespoon of almond milk.
- Spoon into your greased donut maker or pan. You may end up with more than or less than four donuts. Just remember to leave some leftover batter to ice the donuts. If you don’t have a donut maker or pan, you need to get one. So in the mean time, I bet a muffin pan would work, but adjust baking times accordingly.
- Cook in your donut maker for about 5 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean, flipping about halfway through. Alternately, bake in the oven for 8-11 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean. You’ll have to experiment with baking times for a muffin tin.
- Meanwhile, thin out remaining batter with almond milk until desired consistency is reached. Once cooled slightly, spread icing onto the donuts
AUTHOR & RECIPE DETAILS