Ever Since I tried a bite of Vegan Caesar Salad Pizza from one of my favorite vegan restaurants, I have been dying to recreate it. In this homemade version, I mixed it up a bit by topping it with tempeh bacon, fresh avocado and a homemade vegan ranch dressing. It’s totally decadent, without any complication. In fact, this pizza recipe is simple enough that you could easily add it your weekly repertoire.
Caesar Salad Pizza [Vegan]
- Pre-made Pizza Dough
- 3 cups Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- Maple Smoked Tempeh Bacon, chopped
- 1 ripe Avocado, diced
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
Homemade Ranch Ingredients
- 1 cup Vegan Mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 1 Tbl Vegan Butter
- 5 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Oregano
- 3 Tbl Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tsp Soy Sauce
- Start by preheating your oven to 400.
- Roll-out your Pizza Dough and place on a well-greased baking sheet. If you have one, I highly recommend using a pizza crisper. I haven’t been able to find anything else that crisps the pizza throughout as well. I use mine all the time! Using a fork, poke holes in the center of your crust to avoid bubbles from forming. Put the dough in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, you can make the Vegan Ranch Dressing. Start by sauteing the minced garlic in the Earth Balance over medium heat. Once tender and fragrant, it’s done.
- Combine all ranch dressing except the soy milk. Mix the milk in gradually because depending on the brand of Vegan Mayonnaise you use, you may need more or less milk. Once it is a traditional ranch dressing thickness, you can put it in the refrigerator to firm up a bit. These measurements make more dressing than you need for the pizza but I thought the leftover dressing was great for dipping your crust in, salads, a side for fries or chick’n fingers, etc
- Now you can start cooking the Maple Smoked Tempeh Bacon according to the packages directions. You will only use 8-10 strips for this pizza. Once they are cooked, chop them up.
- Now that your crust is done, start assembling! First, spread out a couple Tbl of the ranch dressing like a sauce base. Then, top it with the chopped romaine lettuce, Tempeh Bacon, Diced Avocado and drizzle more dressing on top. If you want a little heat, garnish with some crushed red pepper.