My idea of a perfect day includes cuddling my puppy, lounging in my pjs, and—oh yes—eating chocolate fudge cake that tastes like a raw version of chocolate mousse pie!
Sugar-free? Check! Gluten-free? Check!
Insanely-delicious? Check check check
(You can also cut this into fudge bites or use as fudge frosting!)
1/2 a large, very-ripe banana
2 T (or more!) cocoa powder (10g)
- 4 T Artisana Coconut Butter, or Homemade Coconut Butter
scant 1/16 tsp salt
- 5 drops pure peppermint extract, or more if desired
- optional: cacao nibs, fresh mint leaves
- optional: feel free to sweeten, if needed
- Blend all ingredients (except the optional cacao nibs) together in your blender, food processor, or Magic Bullet. Stir in your cacao nibs, if using.
- Spread into a container, or onto wax paper. (Side note: this recipe makes a small cake. If you want a normal-sized cake, feel free to double or triple the recipe. It’s so good, you’ll want to do this anyway!)
- Refrigerate overnight, or freeze for a few hours. (If you wish to use this recipe as frosting, there’s no need to refrigerate.) The cake will keep in the freezer for weeks. Just be sure to thaw at least 20 minutes prior to eating. Taste before eating, in case you wish to add sweetener.
See the following post for Nutritional Information.
You can garnish this cake with fresh mint leaves and more cacao nibs, if desired. Also, if you cannot find coconut butter and don’t wish to make your own, unrefined coconut oil may be used.