You probably remember tater tots, those coveted (and greasy) pillows of potato-y goodness served at school lunches. This recipe is a healthier take on those and they're so good, you'll want to carry them around in your pocket so you can have them all to yourself. It's as easy as mashing potato and grated zucchini together, forming them into tots, and baking them until golden and crispy.
Zucchini Tater Tots [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Zucchini Tater Tots [Vegan]
- 6-7 small potatoes
- 2 medium-sized zucchinis
- Salt, pepper, and sweet paprika
- Olive oil
How To Make Zucchini Tater Tots [Vegan]
- Peel and cook the potatoes until they are fork-tender. Let them cool down a bit until they are comfortable to hold.
- In the meantime, grate the zucchinis and squeeze out the liquid with a kitchen towel.
- Place the grated zucchinis in a medium-sized bowl and grate the potatoes.
- Add spices according to your taste and mix everything with your hands together.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper. You might not fit all tater tots on one, so you may have to line a second one.
- Use your hands to form small cylinders in the desired size and place them on the baking tray.
- Brush each tater tot with some olive oil from both sides, so they don't stick to the parchment paper, and bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until crispy.
- Serve with desired dips.
- Potato Recipes
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 518 | Total Carbs: 118 g | Total Fat: 2 g | Total Protein: 19 g | Total Sodium: 92 g | Total Sugar: 12 g Per Tater Tot: Calories: 17 | Carbs: 4 g | Fat: 0 g | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 3 mg | Sugar: 0 g Calculation not including the olive oil or salt.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hi. Do you really COOK the potatoes first and THEN grate them? Seems they would be softer and not easy to grate then. Also, it seems odd to me to be baking ALREADY-COOKED potatoes for another 40 minutes. Am I missing something?
Very disappointed that there isn\’t a description /recipe for the dipping sauces in the picture.
Hi Chris! The dipping sauces in the picture are quite simple: 1) vegan mayonnaise + beetroot horseradish and 2) tahini + lemon juice + water