This dish has all the taste and flavor of the classic Italian dish, but none of the gluten and other unhealthy stuff. Besides, it is really quick and easy to prepare.
Zucchini Linguine [Vegan]
- 4 cups zucchini linguine
- 2-3 tablespoons coconut or avocado oil
- 3 tablespoons shallots, minced very fine
- 2 tablespoons garlic, shaved into thin slices
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, sliced into 1/4" wedges
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered
- 1 tablespoon pink Himalayan salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 6 tablespoons fresh basil, julienne
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
- Prepare the ingredients.
- Heat oil over medium heat, add shallots, shaved garlic and crushed chilies.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes with light browning.
- Add Roma tomatoes, salt, and vegetable stock, cook until tomatoes are tender and the sauce thickens a bit.
- Add artichokes and olives and warm through. Add zucchini and cook until warmed through, but do not overcook.
- Remove from heat and toss in basil. Mound the linguine high evenly in pasta bowls, drizzle with extra sauce and sprinkle with pine nuts.