These are probably the fastest, yummiest fritters you can make. They're very, very simple and unbelievably fluffy and soft without baking powder.
Zucchini Chickpea Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large/2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 13.66-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed, sautéed for 5 mins in a pan and then mashed with potato masher.)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour (more if it feels watery)
- 1 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt, to taste
- Chili powder/paprika, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 red onion, very finely chopped
- Coconut oil, for pan frying
- Add salt to grated zucchini-toss them well. Let it stay for 10 mins-squeeze the water out and add them to a salad bowl
- Add mashed chickpeas, chickpea flour, brown rice flour, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic, onion and mix them all.
- Form patties and pan roast in coconut oil. Yummy fritters ready to eat