These are probably the fastest, yummiest zucchini chickpea fritters you can make. They're very simple and unbelievably fluffy without any baking powder. Filled with protein rich chickpeas and pan fried to golden brown, these fritters are delicious served with some hummus or your favorite sauce. You'll want to make an extra batch of these fritters because they're great for dinners, as well as on-the-go snacks. Zucchini chickpea fritters are going to be a hit with everyone who tries them!
Zucchini Chickpea Fritters [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 large/2 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 13.66-ounce can chickpeas (rinsed, sautéed for 5 mins in a pan and then mashed with potato masher.)
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour
- 2 tablespoons brown rice flour (more if it feels watery)
- 1 heaped tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt, to taste
- Chili powder/paprika, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 red onion, very finely chopped
- Coconut oil, for pan frying
- Add salt to grated zucchini-toss them well. Let it stay for 10 mins-squeeze the water out and add them to a salad bowl.
- Add mashed chickpeas, chickpea flour, brown rice flour, nutritional yeast, paprika, garlic, onion and mix them all.
- Form patties and pan roast in coconut oil. Yummy fritters ready to eat.