This Zucchini, Carrot, Walnut Loaf is a huge hit and yeah it’s got some sugar, but it’s also full of some pretty healthy stuff. It will be a hit with your kids and anyone really. Give it a shot!
Zucchini, Carrot, Walnut Loaf [Vegan]
- 2/3 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 1/2 cup organic canola oil + enough to lightly coat the loaf pans
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup sprouted spelt flour (or whole wheat)
- 1 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 2 cups finely grated zucchini (Keep the liquid! Don't drain it.)
- 2 carrots peeled and finely grated
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil two loaf pans.
- In a large sized bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, white sugar, apple sauce, canola oil and vanilla until well blended.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your spelt flour, white flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom.
- Add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and gently fold together just until blended. Do not overmix.
- Add your grated zucchini, carrots and chopped walnuts and gently fold again.
- Divide your batter between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for about 50 minutes (check with a toothpick to ensure it's fully cooked in the middle).