This bread has a pleasant zest to it, and is full of lovely flavors including bright persimmon, lemon, and ginger. It'll be your new favorite bread recipe!
Zesty Persimmon Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 lemons, zested & juiced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 ripe persimmons
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the flax meal and water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix all dry ingredients.
- Mix the rest of the wet ingredients together in the small bowl with the flax egg.
- Add the wet to the dry and include the flax mixture. Stir well. Cut the persimmons into strips and fold into the batter. Pour the batter into the loaf pan; the batter will be thick.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before you remove and slice.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator.