This winter salad will put you in a great mood! Parsnips, carrots, beets and apple are roasted until golden brown and sweet. They're combined with greens, pomegranate seeds, walnuts, and a simple pomegranate dressing that takes minutes to whip up.
Winter Salad With Apple and Pomegranate [Vegan]
- 1 apple peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 parsnips peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 beets peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 4 cups greens or spinach (or as much as you want)
For the Dressing:
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add cut beets to one baking sheet and toss with 1 tablespoon oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or as much as you'd like). Add to middle rack of oven.
- Add carrots, apple, parsnip and thyme to other baking sheet and combine with the remaining tbsp oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and mix well. Add to lower rack of oven. Roast both vegetable trays until soft - about 25-30 minutes, giving a toss half way through.
- Meanwhile in mixing bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing, whisk well and set aside.
- When vegetables are done set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- To assemble salad: Add one cup of greens to plate, roasted vegetables, walnuts, pomegranate seeds and pour dressing over top.