Vanilla Fig Cake is an incredibly delicious cake with loads of fig bits in every bite. The crust comes out to be a beautiful brown and the crumb is super soft. It's pretty simple to make and doesn't have that many ingredients. It's also pretty healthy! Serve this delicious Vanilla Fig Cake with tea and coffee or snack on it during your midday slump––it's fantastic!
Wholegrain Vanilla Fig Cake [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup unrefined cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3/4 cup warm plant-based milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 medium size dry figs
- In a deep bowl, mix the flax meal with 3 tablespoons water. Whisk and let rest for 10 minutes. It will become thick and gel-like.
- With the help of kitchen scissors, cut figs into very small pieces. Make sure to cut fig into small pieces. Large pieces will sink in the bottom of the batter. Toss the chopped pieces in two teaspoons of flour, Keep aside.
- Preheat oven to 340°F. Grease and line one 7 inch round cake pan.
- Whisk together first four ingredients in a large bowl. Keep aside.
- In another deep bowl, take oil, warm milk, and vanilla essence. Mix well. Add Flax gel and mix till you get a uniform mixture.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well to get a smooth batter. Fold in chopped figs. Reserve some to sprinkle on top.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Level the top. Sprinkle some chopped figs on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top turns golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the pan. Cool in the rack. Slice the next day.