I’m keeping things very, very simple lately. Case in point: garlic butter. Three ingredients if you don’t count black pepper and a quick whirl in the food processor and you have yourself one very tasty, not to mention, powerful bread spread. Besides using this “butter” as a cracker spread, use it on sandwiches instead of mayo, stirred into mashed potatoes or soup, or smeared onto grilled vegetable kabobs.
White Wine Garlic Butter [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups roasted garlic cloves (about 80)
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. dry white wine
- pinch ground black pepper
- pinch dried thyme and/or rosemary if garlic cloves aren’t seasoned
- Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- Add a small quantity of water (or white wine) to reach the desired consistency.