Nothing beats a good ol’ veggie burger, especially when it can be made easily at home and is loaded up with nothing but the BEST ingredients. Not only that, but these white bean and pumpkin veggie burgers are perfect for autumn, filling, healthy, and just plain adorable. The burgers are also healthy, easy to make, jam-packed with flavor, and will satisfy anyone’s taste buds, vegan or not.
White Bean and Pumpkin Veggie Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for White Bean and Pumpkin Veggie Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Burgers:
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1 15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup pure pumpkin purée
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup cooked brown rice (or use all brown rice or all quinoa)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 vegan burger buns
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced into rounds
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 head lettuce
How to Prepare White Bean and Pumpkin Veggie Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Mix the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl and set it aside for 15 minutes to thicken into a flax “egg.”
- In the meantime, grab a medium pan, and add in 2-3 tablespoons of water, along with the onions, garlic, and celery. Sauté until translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- In a food processor, add in the flax “egg,” cooked vegetables, and all of the remaining ingredients. Process for 30-45 seconds, or until all ingredients are blended together but still remain a bit chunky. Place into the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Remove the dough from the refrigerator and form mixture into patties using a mold or the top ring of a mason jar, then place them onto the lined pan. Each patty should be about 1/3 cup large, and this will result in 8 patties. Place in the refrigerator to set for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Bake patties for 25 minutes, carefully flip, then bake for another 5-10 minutes or until browned.
- Allow the patties to cool completely before assembling your burgers.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
- Beans - All
- Beans - White
- Flax Seed
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 166 | Carbs: 31 g | Fat: 2 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 311 mg | Sugar: 2 g Calculation only accounts for burger patty ingredients.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.