Who’s down to try this spicy chickpea curry for lunch or dinner? Loaded with some potatoes, kale, and spice to boot. There is something very fulfilling about a meal you can whip up in 30 minutes and get the family happily fed in little to no time. Nutritious, delicious and probably the best leftovers for your next day soup and sandwich brunch.
Spicy West African Chickpea and Kale Curry [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup Idaho potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon pilau masala
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric root powder
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 14-ounce can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup packed chopped kale
- 2-3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in large skillet and saute onions for 2-3 minutes. Add in all dried spices and cook for about 2 more minutes until you start to smell the goodness.
- Add in tomatoes, stir, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Then add in diced potatoes, a cup of water, and continue to cook until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add in chickpeas, chopped kale, remaining water, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Season to taste with salt and serve.