This vegan vianetta is a delicious ice cream for all occasions. The process may seem complicated but it really isn't. Besides, the effort is so worth it. This vegan vianetta is just as tasty as it is beautiful. Made with layers of creamy cashew ice cream and vegan dark chocolate, this ice cream is something that almost everyone will enjoy. The flavors go together so well. Though they are simple, it's a combination that's hard to dislike. This vegan vianetta is fabulous!
Vianetta [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 4 1/2 ounces dark chocolate 70% cocoa
- 1 3/4 ounces coconut oil
- 7 ounces cashews, soaked overnight
- 20 ounces canned coconut milk
- 6 ounces agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
For the Chocolate Layers:
- On a sheet of parchment paper, draw the base several times side by side as you will use it. This facilitates the process.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a water bath or microwave and mix well.
- Put small portions of chocolate in the drawings you made and spread well with the back of the spoon. Do not make layers too thick, but do not make them too thin, otherwise they will be difficult to handle.
- Repeat this process until the chocolate is finished. Once you are done, put the sheets of parchment paper with the chocolate in the freezer. It made it easier for me to carry them over the oven trays.
For the Ice Cream:
- In a mincer or food processor put the soaked cashews and coconut milk. Blend it all up.
- Add the remaining ingredients and chop until a smooth cream.
- Put in a bowl in the fridge.
- Prepare the shape you will use by lining it with cling film.
- Remove the ice cream from the fridge and the chocolate layers from the freezer. Now you have to work quickly!
- Place a layer of ice cream and a chocolate on top, repeat this process until the ice cream and chocolate are finished. If you have to stop halfway to refreeze the chocolate is normal. Just 15 minutes in the freezer for it to solidify again.
- Once ready, leave the vianetta in the freezer for at least 4 hours.