Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
I decided to trust my palate and cooked these mini bites combining most of my favorite vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, aubergines, carrots, garlic, red peppers, and baby spinach. A feast for all the senses with the added portobello mushrooms, cashews, ginger, and powdered nutmeg.
Veggies and Mushrooms Mini Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Veggies and Mushrooms Mini Bites [Vegan]
- 1 aubergine
- 1 small broccoli
- 1/5 cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 red peppers
- a handful of baby spinach
- a handful of cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup marinated portobello mushrooms
How to Prepare Veggies and Mushrooms Mini Bites [Vegan]
- Peel and cut into small bites the aubergine, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and the red peppers, add some salt and olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and pour the baked veggies in the food processor. Blend using the S knife.
- Add the baby spinach, cashews, garlic, 1/3 of the mushrooms, the spices, the rest of the olive oil and blend until nice and smooth.
- Make small bites or balls using your hands and arrange on a baking paper. Here you have 2 options – to eat them as the are now, baked, blended and arranged (see the image below) or bake them again for 10 more minutes with the upper coils on for a crispier look (see the image under the sauce instructions). I liked them both ways. For the marinated portobello mushrooms
- Cut the mushrooms and put them in a jar.
- Add salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Close the jar and leave it in the fridge for a day or two.
- Pour the marinated portobello mushrooms in the blender.
- Add spring water to cover them.
- Blend until creamy like texture.
For serving arrange the bites in a plate, pour some mushrooms sauce on each and garnish with sprouts, pomegranates, raw nuts or fresh herbs.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?