I decided to trust my palate and cooked these mini bites combining most of my favorite vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, aubergines, carrots, garlic, red peppers, and baby spinach. A feast for all the senses with the added portobello mushrooms, cashews, ginger, and powdered nutmeg.
Veggies and Mushrooms Mini Bites [Vegan]
- 1 aubergine
- 1 small broccoli
- 1/5 cauliflower
- 2 carrots
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 red peppers
- a handful of baby spinach
- a handful of cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- a dash of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup marinated portobello mushrooms
- Peel and cut into small bites the aubergine, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and the red peppers, add some salt and olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Peel the peppers and pour the baked veggies in the food processor. Blend using the S knife.
- Add the baby spinach, cashews, garlic, 1/3 of the mushrooms, the spices, the rest of the olive oil and blend until nice and smooth.
- Make small bites or balls using your hands and arrange on a baking paper. Here you have 2 options – to eat them as the are now, baked, blended and arranged (see the image below) or bake them again for 10 more minutes with the upper coils on for a crispier look (see the image under the sauce instructions). I liked them both ways.
- Cut the mushrooms and put them in a jar.
- Add salt, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Close the jar and leave it in the fridge for a day or two.
- Pour the marinated portobello mushrooms in the blender.
- Add spring water to cover them.
- Blend until creamy like texture.
For serving arrange the bites in a plate, pour some mushrooms sauce on each and garnish with sprouts, pomegranates, raw nuts or fresh herbs.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
What is the oven temperature for baking and the total baking time?