These veggie sliders, while complex in taste, are very simple to make. Brown rice, pinto beans, oats, and mushrooms come together along with chili powder, turmeric, and cheesy nutritional yeast, to make the perfect-tasting patty. A zesty mustard cashew cheese takes this burger from pretty good to amazing.
Veggie Sliders With Cashew Mustard Cheese Sauce [Vegan]
For the Veggie Patties:
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, plus 6 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 2 cups pinto beans, strained
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped carrots
- 4 ounces Crimini mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the Cashew Mustard Cheese Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons German mustard
- 1/2-inch piece fresh turmeric, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 of 1 medium potato, peeled and cooked
- Hamburger buns of choice
- Red onion
To Make the Veggie Patties:
- Mix chia seeds with water and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop vegetables, and then add all of the ingredients into a food processor. Pulse until uniform and broken down.
- Scoop 3 tablespoon servings and form into patties.
- Bake in oven at 350°F on convection for 20 minutes, flip, then bake for another 8 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes, then assemble burgers as desired.
To Make the Cashew Mustard Cheese Sauce:
- Soak cashews for 2-4 hours or until soft. Add all above ingredients to blender until cream and smooth. Add more cashews to thicken as needed. Add more vegetable broth to thin out if too thick.