This recipe is simple, quick, and incredibly delicious. The salad had great texture and the creamy dill spice mix pulls the whole thing together very nicely. Plus, it's full of healthy vegetables that will sustain you all day long. This is great for a lunch on the go or for and easy side dish with dinner.
Veggie-Packed Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 3 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (keep the liquid)
- 3/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise, or as desired
- 1/3 cup spicy mustard
- 3/4 cup red onion, or as desired
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 4 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup relish
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup almonds (optional)
- Mash chickpeas in a bowl with your hand leaving some whole.
- Combine the mashed chickpeas with the remaining ingredients and mix it all together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.