Not only is this spicy noodle stir-fry done in under 30 minutes, it's also a perfect weekday dinner. Broccoli and carrots give it some crunch while black-eyed peas and tofu add a boost of protein. Got people in your family who aren't keen on heat? The spicy sauce is easily adjusted to taste!
Vegetable Udon Stir-Fry With Spicy Sauce [Vegan]
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 portions of udon noodles (about 6.34 ounces)
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 head of radicchio, sliced thinly
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 15-ounce can of black-eyed beans
For the Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon siracha
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil (or other vegetable oil)
For the Garnish:
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro
- Chili threads
To Make the Stir-Fry:
- In a medium sized pot bring water to a boil and cook udon noodles as instructed.
- Steam your broccoli in another small pot for 5 minutes, then remove and set aside. Now move on to make the sauce.
- Heat up the oil in a wok or pan and fry the tofu cubes until golden. Add the onions and cook until see-through, then add the radicchio and carrots and cook for five minutes while stirring.
- Last but not least add the beans, broccoli, sauce and noodles to the wok/pan and cook a few more minutes while stirring.
To Make the Sauce:
- In the meantime combine all the ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl and stir until well combined.
- Set on plates and garnish with sesame seeds, cilantro and chili threads.