This vegetable noodle pad thai provides a low-carb alternative to regular pad Thai. The homemade peanut sauce adds such a wholesome, spicy, and delicious flavor that complements the cool, crisp noodles. This dish just goes to show you that even with minimal ingredients, you can have a meal that's full-flavored and delicious.
Zoodle Pad Thai [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Zoodle Pad Thai [Vegan]
For the Pad Thai:
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 large bell pepper
- 1/2 cup purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
For the Toppings:
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- A handful fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- A squeeze of lime juice
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, smooth or crunchy
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
How to Prepare Zoodle Pad Thai [Vegan]
- Spiralize the carrot and zucchini, then thinly slice the bell pepper and purple cabbage.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and then add vegetables and lime juice. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly. Allow the vegetables to just soften, then transfer over to mixing bowl, and set aside.
- For the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk with a fork, until well combined. It should be a good consistency, however, if you feel it is too thick add more water.
- Add 1/2 the sauce to vegetables that you set aside and stir in well.
- Place in a single serving bowl, or divide among two, and add fresh toppings and extra sauce, if you want more flavor. Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.