We served these Vegetable Dumplings with a soy/agave dipping sauce that was the perfect compliment. The recipe made about forty dumplings so there was some leftover to freeze, too. Bonus!
Mushroom and Vegetable Dumplings [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Mushroom and Vegetable Dumplings [Vegan]
- 1 package vegan wonton wrappers
- 2 cups finely minced shitake mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups fresh spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 orange bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 baby bok choy, steamed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame seeds
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- Small bowl of water
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 chopped green onion
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 small squirt sriracha sauce
How to Prepare Mushroom and Vegetable Dumplings [Vegan]
- In a saute pan over medium heat add the olive oil. Saute the garlic and mushrooms until tender, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Put the chopped spinach in a large bowl and add the sauteed mushrooms and garlic while still hot (this will allow the spinach to wilt slightly. Add all the rest of the ingredients with the exception of the wonton wrappers and mix until well incorporated.
- To assemble the wontons, Place one wonton wrapper on a clean work surface and place about one teaspoon full of the filling in the center of the wrapper. Wet the outer edges of the wonton wrapper with water, using either a small pastry brush or your finger.
- Bring the sides of the wonton wrapper toward the center forming a pouch. Pinch closed around the filling and ensure air is removed from the dumpling. Alternatively, you can fold the wrappers in half over the filling forming a triangle or semi circle, depending on the shape of your wonton wrappers.
- To cook, steam the dumplings for four to five minutes.
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients and serve alongside the dumplings.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.